Usability of the simulation for skill engineering, continued
We start with the assumption that we have a working simulation, and go
through the questions we are trying to address with the simulation.
The second approach, a model of learning a skill
Using this kind of model we can focus on changes in the skilled behaviour
due to a sequence of experiences. We can add to the list of questions.
- Can we customize the learning status and learning limits for an
individual on a given skill?
- Can we simulate the changes in a skill due to specific input such as
skill applications in a given context?
- Can we simulate skill decay due to lack of practice, and can be simulate
- Can we predict the state of a skill after a given number of practice
sessions, and can we predict the number of practice sessions needed to reach
a given skill performance level?
- Can we calculate the optimum type and sequence of practice sessions to
reach a given skill level for a particular individual?
Availability of dynamic models of skills
There very few such models, and practically no experience
in using them for skill engineering.